About Breakthrough Science Society
The science organization Breakthrough Science Society (BSS) was established in the year 1995 as a platform to create a new science movement in the country. The BSS is a non-profit social welfare organization registered under the West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961 with the Registration No. S/86180 of 1996-97.
Objectives of Breakthrough Science Society
- To cultivate scientific and logical faculty of mind;
- To foster consciousness against unscientific beliefs, superstitions, fanaticism, communalism, casteism, etc.;
- To disseminate and popularize different discoveries and advancements of science;
- To cultivate the study of history and philosophy of science;
- To inculcate ethical values and social responsibility in all fields of scientific endeavour;
- To devise and introduce correct method of teaching and learning of science;
- To conduct campaign for the introduction of a secular, scientific and democratic education policy;
- To move for the introduction of pro-people government policies in regard to research, development, and application of science and technology for the benefit of the people;
- To build up movement for the socialization of natural resources and for the correct use of science and technology to ensure sustainable development and protection of environment; and
- To fight against the misuse of science for the destruction of humanity.
Breakthrough Science Society Membership
- BSS Tamil Nadu chapter – Webinar: ‘Mountains on Moon – How to see and measure their heights’
- BSS Telangana chapter – Webinar: ‘Decoding the Covid-19 Pandemic’
- Extend your helping hand to the cyclone ‘Amphan’ affected people
- Breakthrough Science Society writes to the Prime Minister to declare the worst situation in West Bengal due to super cyclone ‘Amphan’ as national disaster.
- Press Release by BSS West Bengal chapter on installation of “Ayurvedic Disinfectant Tunnel” at the premises of BITM