Nature is a weekly scientific journal which was launched in 1869 having an objective to place before the general public the grand results of Scientific Work and Scientific Discovery ; and to urge the claims of Science to a more general recognition in Education and in Daily Life. Today ‘Nature.com’ is one of the most popular scholarly websites on the internet, serving almost 12 million visitors a month. Authors, editors and readers interact through letters, blogs, file-sharing and social networks.
Founded in 1880 on $10,000 of seed money from the American inventor Thomas Edison, Science has grown to become the world’s leading outlet for scientific news, commentary, and cutting-edge research. In content, some 35 to 40 percent of the corresponding authors on its papers are based outside the United States. Its articles consistently rank among world’s most cited research. If you’re looking for information on topics such as AIDS, SARS, genomic medicine, Mars, or global warming, or just want to keep abreast of where the scientific world is and where it’s going, you will find something worthwhile in Science.
- Scientific American
- New Scientist
New Scientist magazine was launched in 1956 and became online in 1996. It has archive of over 76,000 content pieces. The website includes news and features, engaging headlines, fascinating stories and amazing facts, delivered through the latest news slots, in-depth articles, video, blogs and commenting.
- National Geographic
- Popular Science
Popular Science has been one of the leading source of science and technology news since its inception way back in 1872. PopSci.com first came online in 1999. You will get latest tech news, insightful commentary on the new innovations, photo galleries, reviews of sci-fi movies in the site.
Breakthrough Science Society Membership
- BSS Tamil Nadu chapter – Webinar: ‘Mountains on Moon – How to see and measure their heights’
- BSS Telangana chapter – Webinar: ‘Decoding the Covid-19 Pandemic’
- Extend your helping hand to the cyclone ‘Amphan’ affected people
- Breakthrough Science Society writes to the Prime Minister to declare the worst situation in West Bengal due to super cyclone ‘Amphan’ as national disaster.
- Press Release by BSS West Bengal chapter on installation of “Ayurvedic Disinfectant Tunnel” at the premises of BITM